Just passed this “trick”. You’d think that everything that there is in notepad was known…
This is cool and could also be handy for creating a manual notebook or diary .
- Open a blank Notepad file
- Write .LOG (in uppercase) in the first line of the file, followed by Enter. Save the file and close it.
- Double-click the file to open it and notice that Notepad appends the current date and time to the end of the file and places the cursor on the line after.
- Type your notes and then save and close the file.
- Each time you open the file, Notepad repeats the process, appending the time and date to the end of the file and placing the cursor below it.