We are closing in on the end of the project (the development phase) and it a mixture of feelings that comes over me.
First and foremost i would say it’s a bit of sadness. This is the best project i’ve been in so far - a lot of fun, speed, wild discussions and great flow in the group. Much to this i have to credit SCRUM for - which promotes just those things; building teams and delivering software.
Then of course i am proud of what we have accomplished. 100 000 lines of code in 4 months, 4 people. And the structure of the system feels very nice too - the bugs that are found now is quite easy to fix.
So the project is, in all right, slowing down while we are transiting into the testing phase. Oh how i would have loved to have testers in our team. Just imagine then we would have been beyond that phase now to…
On a personal note all other things are not slowing down; entering a period now with very much on the agenda. Here’s a short list:
- Wedding in the weekend - Elins best friend is getting married. I am playing (completely alone) while they are entering and leaving.
- Tour with Vasa band - my band are going on a tour 8-11/11. To Bognor Regis in the south of England. That will be great fun.
- Christmas concert with Vasa band - i am in charge of planning and setting that event up. Together with the Vasa Gospel choir and that is always fun
- CD with Vasa band - we are planning of recording a CD to the spring. I will be soloist on one track.
- New projects, more presentations etc. at work.
Well - that should keep me busy during the autumn.