OK – I know that a lot of stuff has been written on this. But most of these doesn’t really cut what I want. Mainly for two reasons:
- Either you could export your contacts to CSV (comma separated text format). This causes loss of non-text data such as images etc.
- There are some really good (I presume?) tools for this. But they all cost money… Some of the cost a lot. $49 for Outlook Contacts Exporter. My solution is free.
Don’t bother about that. Here is how you do it easily and absolutely free.
- Open Outlook (I’m using 2007) and go to Contacts.
- Mark them all, right-click and go “Send as Business Card”. This will attach all the marked contacts to a mail.
- Send the mail to a mailbox that your Mac can read.
- Open the mail and save all contacts (Save->All) to the hard drive of the Mac
- Use Finder to open the folder where you have stored the cards.
- Now drag them into Address Book
It’s a bit verbose, especially if you have many contacts. I had 238 and it took quite some time to send that mail… but hey free is free, isn’t it.
If you liked this post ... here's more for you:
Published byon Last updated