I’ve been thinking. That statement alone will be sure to put fear in the heart of a lot of you… But if you have continued on this far, here we go.
Learning programming stuff
During the last year or so I have been reading a lot. I have read stuff on XP, on good design DDD and TDD. This reading has affected me and my coding style way much more than I first thought. I simply cannot write code anymore without the test first, interface first, thinking of SOLID etc..
Learning lean stuff
At the same time I have change role at Avega. I am now an AvegaCoach. This means that my time is divided between my regular (often coaching) assignments with customers and Avega and Elevate. Since my fellow AvegaCoaches (Joakim and
Calling SOAPUi Testscript from MSBuild
Yes, I know that I have written about this before, with several updates. But I have now solved some issues with setting different endpoints for different services and thought that I might need to update the MSBuild-script to be able to call with those parameters also.
Again – the script I am starting off is written by Todd of the Tar Pit. I’ve just tweaked it to take project property as input. That was the recommended way to change the endpoint for one service, to set the endpoint to a projectwide parameter.
So, here is what the new MSBuild targets looks like.
And here is a DOS-command that runs the MSBuild-target TestAll with the project property set to a endpoint.
Please note that I was running this on a 64-bit Windows 7 and got some strange paths (Framework64) that you...
Home with children – everything’s fine
We have now been home for a while and things are settling down over here. Actually it’s working pretty good so far.
Gustav is much better – he’s completely cured, to be honest. Both Arvid and Gustav is putting on weight and are both happy unless you change their diaper…
Small children sleeps a lot, which is nice when you have another one to take care of also. Albert is really lovingly to Arvid and Gustav and enjoy to hold them… with us watching closely… He can lose...
Changing endpoint from the command line when testing services with SOAPUi
I have been singing SOAPUi’s praises lately and it’s really great for testing services. In this post I describe how I made the whole thing work for testing WCF Services. But, as stated in this post, there was still one more thing to be solved… The endpoints from the command line. You want to use different endpoints in different environments. And in my specific customer case I want one of them to stay the same all of the time, since that endpoint points (sorry, could not resist myself) to a “singleton” kind of service. Luckily the SOAPUi team also have some great support (Thanks Ole, who replied in Swedish!). So here you have it – how to change the endpoint for one of your services under test from the command line – which in my case means the build...
Status of workitems – where to keep it
This is a question that arises very soon or sometime even before you start doing work with a board; Scrum, Kanban or Scrumbut.
Where should the status be? Or more often – “let’s use TFS” (and keep the work items in TFS/SharePoint/Excel and then make copies of them to use on the wall).
A variant of the question is; “we are a distributed team – can we still use the same board?”
Well of course there is not a yes or no answer to that but here is my take on it:
Low tech rules
First I think that no electronic system will ever beat the flexibility, simplicity and agileness of a board. See this for some examples. There are some that have come close but a low tech board communicates so much information with the added flexibility to move things around very...
Practical Kanban – some Kanban boards in practices
Christophe Achouiantz I’ve been doing some talks on
Kanban. We have included some practicality in the talk – Build your own
Kanban-board sort of.
For the first few talks I tried to draw as fast as Joakim (in that case)
talked. Not an easy task – try it. And also my drawings were not always
So Joakim and I did some stop-motion-action and created slides for this
part instead. It took the better part of a complete day… But the result
was alright I think.
Here are the slides with some short comments to illustrate what we talk
View more [presentations](http://www.slideshare.net/) from [Marcus
Arvid and Gustav
The last week have really been something extra. Last Friday, early morning we got some signs on that the twins were on their way.
And 11 hours later they had arrived.
Since then Gustav (twin 2) has been sick. The short story is that being born to early his lungs had not developed fully. And he has also been a better and is not on his way to a full recovery. We’re hoping to be back home with the twins in the beginning of the next week.
Testing with Unity, Policy injection and solving “Ambiguous match found. (Strategy type Instance Interception Strategy” problem
I have been chasing this for quite some time now, about 4 days on and off. But now I have nailed it, thanks to Christer Cederborg – my Unity beacon in the dependency injection mist.
OK – the problem is as follows; I have an object factory that encapsulates the calls to Unity for registration and resolving. This is done because I want to control if the resolved objects should be wrapped with PolicyInjection or not.
However I ran into problem when I created test for my code. In the top most layer an resolved started to fail for the layers beneath them. I started to get an error which basically said:
Ambiguous match found. (Strategy type Instance Interception Strategy…
As often, I didn’t understand the error message and started to chase down the wrong things. I first thought that this had to do...